A few dispatches from the word of accents and dialects:
- Americans prefer British accents to their own.
- Gothamis reports that New Yorkers hate their own accents.
- New York Magazine eviscerates the Boston accents in the new Kennedy miniseries
- Indian call centers Can’t understand the Birmingham accent
- Maybe Cockney isn’t dying.
- Skeptics are already questioning the prospect of Cameron Diaz’s texas accent.
- Scottish actress Kelly Macdonald discusses her Irish dialect on Boardwalk Empire.
- American television producer’s don’t mind TV host’s Geordie accent.